Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Chronic Gastritis
snemess posted:
Been dealing with chronic gastritis for 7 years. Iv'e seen 5 doctors. I've tried 10 different meds. I've had endoscopies, coloscopies, CT scan, had the ph in my stomach checked, had my esophagus checked to see it was working correcty, and I have had my digestion checked.

Having to change my diet is an understatement.

After all of this, I'm still on square one. If this is something you are ggoing through, I wouldn't mind comapring notes. Would you?

Thank you

Steve Nemes

calgal37 responded:
Steve, I don't have this condition, but in the medical setting I am in we see people with the same types of issues. I'm wondering if you've ever been tested for food intolerance issues which can often present with symptoms of GERD or gastritis or other GI issues. Foods that you've eaten you whole life can suddenly seem to 'turn' on you and all hell breaks loose. And those foods can often fall into the category of the foods we're supposed to eat and are healthy for you.

Are you having any other symptoms that don't seem to fall into the 'GI' category, like brain fog, joint pain, rashes, fibromyalgia or other?

yeadork responded:
Steve I am just beginning Dr's and trying to find out what I have. They are recommending a bunch of test and I am not sure they are all necessary. I am constantly full and very uncomfortable. Their standard answer seems to be "as you get older" thats answers good for a lot of things. Very frustrating indeed. I will let you know if any Dr. actually has an answer--3-4-years of trying to resolve this issue. Still on square one also. good luck to us both. Rhonda

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website