Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
mild thickening of rectum,sigmoid and areas of the decending colon
doysh posted:
I have been having cramping in my lower abdomen in the pelvic and very low back for going on three weeks. Has anyone had mild thickening of rectum, sigmoid and descending colon? There were some other things on my cat scan. I see my regular Dr. who was out of town, so I went to a Urgent Care was diagnose with sever compaction from x-ray maybe she miss diagnose me wrong. I am still cramping, help

atti_editor responded:
Hi doysh,

Did the urgent care doctor give you any treatment suggestions to help stop the cramping? It would be a good idea to schedule an appointment with your regular doctor to discuss your x-rays and and any symptoms you are still experiencing. Please let us know how you are doing!

Best wishes,
Atti

doysh replied to atti_editor's response:
Sorry to take so long to reply I just had surgery for hernia so will get back to you I think urgent care misdiagnosed, well I am sure because I have not been constipated since 1999. Boy this painful so no hernias out there. Will be inn touch MUCH LOVE

doysh replied to doysh's response:
now that I am post-op groin hernia surgery I am wondering how long this pain will last I am two weeks now

atti_editor replied to doysh's response:
Hi doysh,

Glad to hear it sounds like you got a proper diagnosis. Did you have laparoscopic hernia surgery? This article says that recovery time is generally 1-2 weeks, but that you should not do anything strenuous until after 4 weeks post-surgery. If you had open surgery, your recovery time will likely be longer. Did you have any kind of post-op consult with your surgeon or doctor to make sure everything looks good? I hope you are feeling better!

Best wishes,
Atti

doysh replied to atti_editor's response:
I am healing but I still have quite a lot of pain, next week is four weeks. I had open surgery and a mesh implant. My Dr. said I would be sore but not how long. I still walk slow and hope this
is not what I have to look forward to

Helpful Tips

Need Quick Answers?
We know many of our members come to our communities in pain and looking for quick answers to get them some relief. Because communities are ... More
Was this Helpful?
37 of 43 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website