Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Sternohyoid muscle in neck
An_254379 posted:
For the past year, I've had a pain in the right side of my neck/esophagus. the pain has caused me to have pain, difficulty swallowing, breathing, strain when talking, feeling of throat swelling, feeling of food being stuck/regurgitating and constant phlegm in throat. I think it is leading to other digestive problems that I've had since. I've been to an ENT and a GI doctor. I've had all tests done including Barium Swallow, Upper Endoscopy, MRI of Neck (without contrast) and laryngoscopy but was told all was essentially normal. I hate to self diagnose but since my doctors can't, I am trying to do so myself. My assumption is the muscle that is giving me the trouble is the Sternohyoid muscle. Does anyone have any experience or advice on what may be the problem, remedies and/or tips on how to diagnose? Thanks for any tips/advice you can offer.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website