Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
GERDS/IBS
grace10 posted:
Is it possible to have GERDS/IBS at the same time? I've been dealing with GERDS for a while now and I think recently I came down with IBS as well im pretty desperate on finding the right answer I need to help myself. Its a little difficult to take care of a 1 yr old when you cant stop running to the bathroom every 20 minutes. I only experience through the night and in the mornings. ill wake up feeling like im going to throw up. it sucks to lie down and after a couple minutes of being awake my stomach starts to hurt and I get heart burn. I cant eat a lot of what I used too and now I feel like im starting to hate food because Im afraid to eat and get bad heart burn. The doctor had me on nexium. after taking weeks to even kick in I felt it helped very little and then at one point I thought I was making it worse. Then the pains in my lower belly got worse and It feels like a sharp stabbing pain I would say. I feel like I have most of the symptoms for IBS. I diarrhea every time I go poop, I see that mucus stuff, gas, and pain is a definite yes. I do not know how to make things better or easier. im afraid to leave the house in the mornings cause the pain and the constant using of the bathroom. please help!

atti_editor responded:
Hi grace10,

I am so sorry that you are experiencing these symptoms! This guide to controlling IBS with diet might be helpful for you, as well as this article on treating IBS and diarrhea. This slideshow on understanding heartburn and GERD also has some good information that you may find helpful, such as finishing dinner at least three to four hours before bed, watching what you drink and changing your exercise routine. I hope that you are able to find something in the above links that will give you relief from your pain!

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

relief of hemorrhoids
had hemorrhoids for years,tried all the store remedies,nothing worked. when my boys were little we used diaper rash ointment on them(zinc ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website