Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Stomach pain during and after eating?
An_256954 posted:
This has been happening for a few days now and I really don't know why... As soon as I start eating, I get a mild pain in my top left stomach area by my ribcage.

I have no other symptoms, no constipation or diarrhea, but I have been extra gassy lately.
If I put pressure on the area, it feels a bit better and putting something warm there helps.

Any idea what it is? Could it just be a bug/bacteria? I've never had excellent digestion but I've never had pain after almost every meal.

Thanks

helpbrother responded:
sorry, I don't have an answer, but my brother is suffering something similar to yours, but he started by we thought it was allergic reaction to garlic and since than it seems that everyday there is a new food he can not eat he gets bad stomach pain, his throat starts burning and if I'm not mistaken his throat swells up, he has gone to endoscopy, colonoscopy, all kinds of medications, blood tests.The doctors can't find anything , he keeps losing weight, I love my baby brother he has a family that needs him, I feel so helpless can't bare to see him in that condition, he is under a lot of stress being self employed and getting weaker and weaker is not helping. please HELP

Thank you
helpbrother

stellagonzalez responded:
I have also deal with the same situation earlier where doctors have find stone inside my stomach. Later it get dissolve also due to various treatment. I would like to advice you to drink plenty of water.

yf613 responded:
I have been feeling pain just the past few days at the top left side of mu stomach right at the ribcage. The pain is during and after eating, as you describe. I'm trying to exercise & drink extra water. It's too early to know if this will alleviate my situation.

The pain is on & off, but is intensifying over the past few days & generally occurs around mealtime and afterwards.

Please let me know if anything has helped your situation. Sometimes stretching & changing position helps mildly & for a very short time. I'm also having irregular bowel movement.
Thank you so for creating this discussion. I really appreciate it!

yf613 replied to stellagonzalez's response:
Thanks for your response. was your pain specifically at the left side of your stomach right below the rib cage?

If yes, I probably have the same thing.

Please let me know.

Thank you in advance!

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website