Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
What is causing my coughing.
bearssp posted:
I have acid reflux which is controlled by medication and diet. I have no gallbladder. I do have asthma and although they say I have no allergies I believe they are wrong. I am constantly coughing. When I get upset or hot, I start coughing. I don't know what is causing me to cough. I can be sitting and watching TV and start coughing for no reason. Any suggestions?

atti_editor responded:
Hi bearssp,

Here are some common causes of coughing that you may find helpful to look through. A chronic dry cough can be a sign of mild asthma as well as allergies, among other things. Have you spoken with your doctor about what you are experiencing?

Best wishes,
Atti

kjme11374 responded:
R U taking BP meds. some of them can cause coughing. I had that problem which was almost 100% resolved by changing meds. Also if you live in a very dry climate, such as Arizona........I find it helps to make sure I drink enough water.

But the best resource is your primary care doctor.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 63 found this helpful