Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
bravo endoscopy
gbs7719 posted:
I just had it done three days ago and I felt like a tightening in my chest when I swallow anything - It is annoying- The test was fine but this is a pain- like a spasm they say- I also had some blood (clot looking ) come up sunday night two nights after the implanted capsule and some thin red blood in my mucous- Is this nomal? I will ale it bad to nurses today and ask- I just want the to fall off!! Anyone else have same symptoms ?

calgal37 responded:
Gbs, it's unfortunate that your doc didn't tell you the sensation you're having could happen. It can and does happen a lot. The sensation will slowly fade after the capsule falls off and passes through your symptom. The area of the esophagus the capsule is pinned to has a lot of sensation and what you're feeling is the 'irritation' the capsule is causing. It's why when the tissues are having a difficult time due to the presence of acid or bile, some people can feel the discomfort. It's kind of related to the feeling of 'globus' - the sensation of a 'pit' in the throat when the lower portion of the esophagus is irritated. There's a referred sensation from the lower esophagus to the area of the throat.

Check with your doc's office about the amount of the blood.

gbs7719 replied to calgal37's response:
thanks- heres the issue- I m leaving for florida for two weeks on monday 30th . I had it done the 13th. The DR said that I need to have it removed on friday if I want to- Should I just wait it out and hope it falls off in florida if I still feel the sensation. Its not unbearable just a little uncomfortable but I don't feel like another endoscopy if I know it will fall off- The worse thing is that it is still on in florid and I have it removed the week I'm am home- What are your thoughts- Have you heard anyone not doing off by itself?? Gail

calgal37 replied to gbs7719's response:
It's 'removal' should have happened already if the capsule was pinned on the 13th. It should have passed through your system and have been expelled. Once it's 'pinned' though the tissues, those tissues still keep growing - from bottom to top, so outward - and the growth of the tissues should let the capsule/pin loosen and drop off.

If it's still there then yes, have it removed because something isn't right after this period of time. But make sure it's not there and what you're experiencing isn't just a sensation that's still lingering. Many people have experienced that.

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website