Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
12 year daughter keeps having stomach issues-What can it be??
An_258359 posted:
My daughter has had stomach issues over two years now. After she eat anything greasy such as cheese, french fries, fish cooked lightly in oil she needs to go to the toilet. At times she is sit on the toilet in alot of pain just waiting for the pain to pass or to poop. I did take her to the Dr. a year ago at which time they did take an x-ray and found my daughter to be constipated so she put her on a light dose of a laxative. But this can't be normal. The poor girl has learned to live with this and/or bathroom you runs which at times are for 30 mins. Does this sound like a gallbladder problem and if so do 12 years get their gallbladder removed? Or does this sounds like another problem?

atti_editor responded:
Has your daughter seen a gastroenterologist? While we can't give medical advice or a diagnosis here, and a medical professional is always best to consult, you may want to look at this information irritable bowel disease . The main symptoms of IBS are abdominal pain and a change in bowel habits, which can be constipation, diarrhea, or both. Also, fatty foods are one of the more common triggers of symptoms. The above link has more information on triggers and symptoms as well as some treatment options you could try if this turns out to be the cause of your daughter's pain. Please let us know how she is doing!

loulourota replied to atti_editor's response:
Thank you for your reply. I will have our daughter see a MD this week.

atti_editor replied to loulourota's response:
Thanks for checking in I hope that you are able to get some answers!

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website