Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Bowel Movements After Every Meal
An_258384 posted:
I am 20 years old and since about 7th grade I've had troubles with going to the restroom almost immediately after eating. Especially with greasy fast foods. I will eat a meal, then I will become very bloated and start having stomach pain. Then out of nowhere, I will have to rush to the restroom. Sometimes it is diarrhea, other times it's hard ball or pellet sized secretions. If I refrain from using the restroom when I feel the sudden urge, I often have severe stomach pain that has me doubled over and sometimes even disoriented. I will then break into cold sweats and will be unable to focus on any one thing until I've reached a restroom. After going to the restroom, I am often left unrelieved and feeling like my business was unfinished despite the fact that no more will come out. After using the restroom, I also have stomach pain whereas most would feel relief, I will experience a low ache in my stomach and a sluggish nauseated feeling. I have considered this to be irritable bowel syndrome or lactose intolerance, but it isn't only with lactose. And my inability to absorb anything greasy, because as soon as I eat a greasy food, I need a bathroom almost immediately. Often times there will be grease bubbles in the toilet water before I flush. I have been the same weight since 7th grade, I always stay between 90-97lbs and I am a healthy eater. I don't eat fast food unless it's my very last option and I eat copious amounts of fruits and vegetables daily, so I'm baffled as to why I have so many digestive problems. Any suggestions and ideas are greatly appreciated, thanks!

atti_editor responded:
Hello,

Have you spoken to your doctor or a gastroenterologist about your symptoms? He/She is best able to diagnose what is causing your pain and frequent trips to the bathroom. This slideshow on IBS may be helpful for you. It suggests some diet changes -- such as avoiding fatty foods (especially as you mention the greasy foods give you problems), caffeine, and alcohol, as well as trying to get more fiber and water. Other foods may trigger your symptoms, and a trial and error system of elimination of those foods is best. The slideshow also has more possible treatment options you might consider. Please let us know how you are doing!

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website