Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Stomach Issues
An_258391 posted:
I am 36 years old and have recently started experiencing stomach issues. I had my gallbladder out when I was 20 and have had issues with needing to use the bathroom almost immediately after eating ever since. That to me has become my normal.

What is concerning is this. In March, I had an attack of pancreatitis. I had a CT and it found no blockage or stones. Since I don't have my gallbladder and I don't drink, my GI doctor said it is unfounded and unexplained. He says it may have been a 1 time thing and may never happen again. Since then my stomach constantly hurts or I have nausea. I am on 80 mg of omeprazole daily. Although it helps I still feel like I have heartburn in the middle of my chest. My upper abdomen (right under my rib cage) aches like someone is pushing on it. If I eat, I have stomach pains; if I get too hungry, I have stomach pains. I have given up all spicy and acidy foods. As of today, I've also given up caffeine. I avoid must of the food triggers for heartburn.

I had an EGD last month and it was normal. All of my blood work returned to normal after about 3 weeks from my pancreatitis. My GI doctors doesn't think that the pancreatitis and these issues are related.

I'm so tired of feeling this way. I just want to feel good again. Anyone else out there have these issues?

mollsy122 responded:
I have the exact same problem with my stomach! Other than the pancreatitis everything is spot on. I had my gall bladder taken out a little over 5 years ago an it went away for a few years then came back in full force about a year ago. It started one day when I was eating and all the sudden felt like I was going to vomit (my stomach didn't hurt, I just felt nauseas). I never actually got sick but I thought I was going to. It's gotten a lot worse. Now my stomach hurts constantly it seems like. I'll go days with eating very little or not at all bc of the pain an feeling nauseas. It's always my upper stomach too. I've had multiple tests and everything comes back normal. The doctors say I have a "nervous stomach" but I think it's a lot more than that. It effects my daily life style and it's awful! I take protonix everyday but it doesn't help, I still experience the problems.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
38 of 62 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website