Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Intolerance ?
An_258430 posted:
Hi, I'm an 18 year old female.

Anytime I eat any type of meat I need to use the bathroom within like 10-15 minutes. It started out with just red meat now I can't eat chicken pork or even fish. Some other foods are getting to me as well. Before I used to bathroom I get really bloated and bad stomach pains, sometimes unbearable pain. And when I use the restroom it's like I am in and out then back 5 minutes later. I've been to the doctor but they told me it's because I have been eating the meat to raw (went before it started with other foods) so I tried cooking the meat well done and nothing I was still getting sick.

Could this be an intolerance or something else going on in my stomach?

atti_editor responded:
Hello,

Meat allergies are rare, but there have been some documented cases. Here is a good read on the subject that you might be interested in. It may be a good idea to make another appointment with your doctor now that the pain has become associated with other foods as well -- or perhaps an allergist or gastroenterologist could help you with a diagnosis if your doctor is not able to do so. Please let us know how you are doing!

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 63 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website