Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Suddenly can't tolerate coffee or fiber, never had a problem before?
An_258454 posted:
For the past couple weeks, any time I eat a fiber bar or drink coffee, I have to run to the bathroom not long after.....gives me diarrhea that is essentially just water. It is not painful. I've been eating a fiber bar and coffee almost every day for breakfast for a couple years, and haven't really had a problem before. Sure fiber and coffee sometimes make you have to go, but it's never been just water. And so urgent. Now it's just....every single time. What could be the reason for this change?

georgiagail responded:
For many, coffee is an excellent laxative all on its own.

Gail

rohvannyn responded:
Did anything change in how you brew your coffee, where you get it from, or what blend you use? Did anything change with your brand of fiber bar?

adhisstory replied to rohvannyn's response:
On the news some time back there was a report on companies diluting their products with cheaper ingredients to cut costs. Brand names are supposed to be more reliable but I have had to return supposedly good olive oil several different times because it went rancid quickly. There were several products listed but I don't remember them all.

As far as fiber bars, I would steer clear of those because genetically modified organisms have been added to our entire food supply in one way or another. I do not trust "non-GMO" based on a couple videos available at the library. What I have learned and applied to my husband and myself confirm the information is valid.

Helpful Tips

relief of hemorrhoids
had hemorrhoids for years,tried all the store remedies,nothing worked. when my boys were little we used diaper rash ointment on them(zinc ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website