Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Sudden reaction to Almonds??
nscottderr posted:
Recently I ate several handsful of roasted almonds. I eat a small handful every few days and have for years. When I ate the large amount, within 30 minutes, I had severe cramps, sudden diarrhea and vomiting. The cramping and diarrhea reminded me of Diverticulitis attacks I get a couple of times a year. Would almonds trigger the Diver. or should I have them tested for ...something? Full day of very cramped bowels and weakness.

calgal37 responded:
If the episode was triggered within that short period of time, I doubt it could have been a diverticular issue, but keep an eye on that side of things. What happened sounds a lot like some kind of antibody generated allergic reaction. You may want to consider getting some testing to see if you've developed an allergy - something along the lines of an IgE-mediated issue, since the time span of reaction would suggest that - to that food.

Helpful Tips

GERD Sufferers ~ STOP DRINKING BOTTLED WATER
I suffered with GERD for 2 1/2 years. I tried everything. It was so bad, I can't even tell you. I tried cutting so many things out of my ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 63 found this helpful