Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Unidentified Pain
    hughesmom posted:
    I have been having pain under my right ribs consistently for the past 6 months. Some days it is worse than others. I seem to notice it more when sitting (office job or riding in the car) and feel the need to move around, but moving and stretching does not relieve the pain. I have also had episodes of pain, pressure and cramping that stretches from the top center of my abdomen over to my right side also. I recently had a gallbladder ultrasound, but the Dr said my scans looked normal. I ended up in the ER last Sunday night because the pain had been going on since 5:30 that morning and was only getting worse. While I was waiting to be seen, they were asking me a lot of questions, and the pain started to lessen slightly. They gave me a GI cocktail...which numbed everything down my GI tract, seemed to help and they said I probably have a stomach ulcer. I had another episode Tuesday night as well, but did not go to the ER because I knew what to expect this time. I have been referred to a GI Dr (appt 9/9). The ER Drs mentioned a HIDA scan if the GI Dr thinks I don't have an ulcer. I have been taking Pepto Bismol daily just to try to keep the pain away, but I am still having the pain on my right side and the Pepto is affecting my BM's. Is it possible that I have both an ulcer and gallbladder problems? Anyone with any feedback would be appreciated! Thank you!

    Helpful Tips

    Drinking waer everyday keeps my digesive going. More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website