Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
capsule endoscopy -how long to pass
jodi2125 posted:
For those that have had this test, how long did it take you to pass the capsule? I did the test today and swallowed it around 9. I passed it tonight but Im just curious to see if thats the norm or if mine was faster or slower. I read that ittakes food about 24-48 hrs to pass through but I know the camera may be different as nothing to absorb from it. thanks.. also, how long was your results and what kinds of things can they find. thanks, jodi

missladyburns responded:
Hi, I had the capsule endoscopy a few weeks ago and my dr said it would take about 8 hours to pass because your intestines are empty and the camera is specially coated to make it go through easily! But for me it took 4 & 1/2 days......My dr said that it may have been temporarily lodge some where, so I had to get xrays to confirm it passed. They found ulcers throughout my entire small intestine that they could not find any other way. For me it confirmed a crohns diagnosis. Im not entirely sure what else they can fined because for me they were looking for something very specific. My results also took only 2 days so hopefully you will get yours back just as quickly. Good luck :grin: ......................................Mica

Helpful Tips

abodmenal pain
from last 2 weeks i suffering from abodmenal is pain very badly .and my toilet also not good.always i have to go toilet .per 3,4 times i ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website