Skip to content

Announcements

Digestive Disorders Health Center | Heartburn/GERD Health Center | Crohn's Disease Health Center | Celiac Disease Health Center | IBS Health Center | IBD Health Center | Hepatitis Community | The health professionals are not available at the current time to answer community members' questions.
Been sick for five weeks...
Lynnsie1983 posted:
Hello all, I havent been on here in a very long time which I suppose is a good thing. I have had GERD for almost eight years, and am only 25. I had a Nissen Fundoplication two and a half years ago, but it only worked for about 6 months, so now I am stuck with scars on my stomach for no reason. I had my Reflux under control with meds. for awhile, but then 5 weeks ago, I got sick with a fever, terrible pain under my ribs, and severe nausea. I went to the ER, and they did a CT that revealed a rare condition called a epiploic appendagitis by my spleen, but it would not account for my fever and nausea. The pain is so bad it keeps me up at night, and the nausea gets so bad that I am not able to get out of the house. It is starting to get depressing because I am only 25, and want to have a family with my amazing husband, and I am applying to Grad. school to get my Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, but I am very sick right now. Even though I have had four surgeries this year alone, two of which were on my legs, I have lost 20 pounds, through exercise and diet. I dont drink coffee or alchohol. Ive never smoked, and don't eat spicy food. Basically, I know what not to eat with GERD. My old stomach Dr. told me I have a sensitive esophagaus. Im sorry, but the last 24 hr. PH test I had showed I have terrible reflux still. and at my age, it will do damage to the lining if something isnt done. I found a new Dr., and have an appt. on Thursday. I also have an upper GI tomorrow. I dont know what else could be going on. I dont know why I have a fever. My gen. Dr. ran blood tests on Friday for Lupus and did a CBC, but I havent gotten the results back yet. I am sooo tired as well. The pain feels like someone is stabbing me with a knife on both the left and right upper part of my stomach, and at night, it feels like a mix between a burning feeling, and the stabbing. I am thinking maybe Gastritis, or an ulcer? Any ideas? I am sooo miserable. No one should have to feel like this, but I am so young, and have so much life to live. I cant live like this!!!! Any help would be appreciated!

sshubina responded:
I feel your pain I have GERD "only" for 2years and it is not fun to live with. What about H. pylori, I feel better since it was treated. Ask you Dr for test it may help to find the answer. Good luck! :smile:

Helpful Tips

Coffee and liver diseaseExpert
Did you know that drinking coffee is healthy for the liver! Studies show that a people who drank a few cups a day were less likely to scar ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 121 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the American Gastroenterological Association website