Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
59keg
59keg posted:
This the first time I have been on this site. I have lost 50 pounds in the last few months due to severly restricting my calorie count and monitor how much I eat every day. Part of it is that as I have grown older my taste and appetite has changed. I am still considered overweight by standards but my MD and therapist are insisting that I am anorexic and have threatened involuntary hospitalization. I don't see myself as anorexic and do not fit that profile.

Oopsla responded:
Keg,

I understand where you are coming from but you also have to look at it from their shoes. They are seeing you on a crash course and are trying to correct you before you get to a risky weight. You may still be of healthy weight but one day you may not. They see this as a likely outcome.

Heed their concerns. I constantly deny I have problems but evry once in awhile I have a lucid day.

Best wishes to you and best of luck,
Oops

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Brittany. I was raised in an emotionally, verbally, and physically abusive household. I just moved out of that household a year ago (I&...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.