Skip to content
INTERVENTION on Monday evening
Oopsla posted:
On Monday night there will be an episode of Intervention dealing with our subject manner. I just thought it might be informative in some way.

From the A&E website:

Monday, April 19th 09:00 pm ET
Tuesday, April 20th 01:00 am ET

Amy and her family escaped the violence of apartheid-era South Africa and immigrated to Canada 22 years ago. But Amy suffered from anxiety and low self-esteem, and she became anorexic and, soon after, bulimic. Now she lives alone in the basement of her family's house and steals from family members to pay for her eating binges. Weighing only 92 pounds, Amy is on the brink of death.

lostkate responded:
Thanks for letting us know. I will try an watch it.

Kate

msp36 responded:
Thanks for the heads up, Intervention used to be one of my "shows". But unfortunatly I switched our sattelite ( did I misspell that?) package to a cheaper deal and no longer get that station. My son says I am a cheap bastard. I say I am a pragmatist. You can't please everyone.

Oopsla replied to msp36's response:
I believe it will be available online to watch.

Oopsla replied to Oopsla's response:
Made me cry. Brought back too many memories. At the end I could see that she was just lying to the camera. Very sad.

I'd wish these shows would also go through some information on the steps to recovery. I know too well the pain and torments. It is the recoveries that really interest me.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Oopsla's response:
I agree with you about how such info would be helpful.

Sorry it was tough watching that, Oopsla. You've come a long way.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm Emma, just your usual type of teen girl....but just on the surface. Of course, i go to school, love sports, eat healthy, have a big family...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.