Skip to content
new to this...
An_200928 posted:
I've been a nervous eatter my whole life, but I've always been able to handle things my own way. Now after having a baby and having two tumors removed in the same year I've just exploded. I weigh now what I weighed when my daughter was born. I'm trying to loose the weight but the only support I get is from friends saying way to go. My family would love to sign me up for the biggest looser so we can have money IF I win.
I'm seeing a nutritionist now and hopefully will get my life back in order and get back to my old size. For those of you going through this, Don't let your family take away your will to keep going forward. My family has taken so much from me and think that they are helping. If you have to scream and yell at them to get their attention to what they're doing is wrong. If they can't support you in your goal then tell them to back off. I've told my family if they can't support my goals then they don't need to be apart of anything right now. It may seem rude to several of you on here but my main goal is loosing the weight so I can stay around as long as I can to watch my daughter grow up and have babies of her own. I want to be active in her life and I can't deal with the stress of the taunting comments to set be back again.

msp36 responded:
Maybe isolating yourself from your familly is the worst thing you can do, they probably seam like a pain in the ass at times but isolating is dangerous because when you are alone then its just you and the disease alone together, and that is how it gets you. Okay maybe that was a bit of melodramatic personification, but its true.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello and welcome,

I encourage you to also post on our Dieting Clubs. They deal not only with how to lose weight, but with all the emotional issues that come along with 'nervous' eating or overeating, including dysfunctional families.

Oopsla replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
And I encourage you to let it all out. I think it helps to clear the head and to organize your aggrevations in words.

Sunnie2010 responded:
You need your families support, they just do not understand what you are going through. I have suffered with an eating disorder for many years people think that one morning you will wake up and be better and feel better about yourself. Truth is it is a struggle everday-but with the support from people who care you can make it through and be happy and heathy so that you can see your baby grow up.

The nutritionlist is a good start, but try going to a support group also. If you feel your family can't support you. At least in a support group there is a common issue and understanding with people there to lend support and guidence.

Good luck

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 16 and I've been battling anorexia for the past year. I'm 5'10 and 127 pounds. I hope on gaining weight in the near future...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.