Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Bleeding please help
An_200934 posted:
I am the one who wrote the discussion about laxative abuse. I need to ask a question that may sound gross but i don't no what else to do i am scared my Dr. will find out i still use them. i have taken them for over 2 year sometimes a hundred of the store brand a day. my husband does no about this. but my question is, is it normal to have bleeding a lot of bleeding coming from you rectum. . see i cant tell my dr because i am the one whos kids were taken because of my ED. and my Dr will report it because she is the one who reported me in the 1st place. i have tried to stop taken them but it is just so hard.

Oopsla responded:
Of course it is not normal to bleed through the rectum. You should never bleed that way.

You have strayed so far from the path that you are not knowing what is normal. This is not a good sign.

If you cannot stop you owe it to everyone else to put yourself in a place that will give you the support.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon_18425,

Please keep trying to stop taking the laxatives and don't be afraid to seek help. If you are afraid to contact your PCP, try another doctor.Keep us updated.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 29 F. I have been hoarding and binging since age 6. I remember the day my mother told me I was not allowed to eat certain foods, while the rest o...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.