Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
roses4you
An_200966 posted:
Hello,

I am almost 57. I became anorexic at 17 and bulimic at 19. I have been bulimic 36 years. I stopped March 31 a year ago. Well not quite a year. Almost. But this past year has not offered freedom. Unstead I binge, starve, obssess about weight and numbers. I developed a whole number system to rate my intake every day. I can be 24 --bad. Or 18--better. Great 9 and ok 11. I just started therapy for midlife issues. Here, I lost 36 years to this...I mourn those lost years. I made no friends but would stay home and throw up 8 hours, and pass out. Year after year. My life is almost gone and an eating disorder took it away.

Rose

msjess17 responded:
Hello,
I wish I had words to say that would offer comfort or help, but I don't. I am 24 and thought my dark days were behind me. I became anorexic and bulimic in high school too.I know eating disorders never go away or are magically cured, but I thought I had it under control. Until recently all I can obsess about is weight and food. I'm fighting to make myself eat and not to purge. But I'm fighting it the best I can. I commend you for your fight and hope that you stay strong. Your here talking about it and that takes strength. I wish you the best.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! I'm Emma, just your usual type of teen girl....but just on the surface. Of course, i go to school, love sports, eat healthy, have a big family...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.