Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
roses4you
An_200966 posted:
Hello,

I am almost 57. I became anorexic at 17 and bulimic at 19. I have been bulimic 36 years. I stopped March 31 a year ago. Well not quite a year. Almost. But this past year has not offered freedom. Unstead I binge, starve, obssess about weight and numbers. I developed a whole number system to rate my intake every day. I can be 24 --bad. Or 18--better. Great 9 and ok 11. I just started therapy for midlife issues. Here, I lost 36 years to this...I mourn those lost years. I made no friends but would stay home and throw up 8 hours, and pass out. Year after year. My life is almost gone and an eating disorder took it away.

Rose

msjess17 responded:
Hello,
I wish I had words to say that would offer comfort or help, but I don't. I am 24 and thought my dark days were behind me. I became anorexic and bulimic in high school too.I know eating disorders never go away or are magically cured, but I thought I had it under control. Until recently all I can obsess about is weight and food. I'm fighting to make myself eat and not to purge. But I'm fighting it the best I can. I commend you for your fight and hope that you stay strong. Your here talking about it and that takes strength. I wish you the best.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My eating disorder started as far back as I can remember, even as a 5 year old child, I was obsessed with desserts and snack foods, food hoarding, and...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.