Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
cycle
An_200981 posted:
This is my first post, so I'd really just like to start with my background. Last summer I was 5'3" and 145lbs and really uncomfortable with myself. I went on a very restrictive diet and overexercised, and at my worst I was down to 97lbs. Then I finally began to gain back, but soon my healthy gaining turned into bingeing. Within a month I was up to about 125lbs. I had a vicious bingeing cycle that really HURT. Then somehow I was able to take a break and I kept my meals normal and weight constant for a while, but about 2 weeks ago my dad told me i was looking thinner and I've been bingeing again since. I asked my parents for help, but they don't seem to realize it's going on until it's over. I need help because I'm so scared what will happen if this goes on.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon_164493, welcome to the community. Here is some information about eating disorders . Have you considered talking with a counselor? Please feel free to ask questions or join discussions. This is a great community filled with support.

Soft hugs,

Lainey

Nicepersonality replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
I don't really hVe the money for a counselor and see it as a last resort...is there any reading you recommend?

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to Nicepersonality's response:
Hi Nicepersonality,

The link above gives you some information about eating disorders. I ran a search on WebMD for more reading on eating disorders and the results are here.

Please feel free to talk with us or join discussions. You are welcome to vent anytime. :)

Soft hugs,

Lainey

Nicepersonality replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
My ED has been really out of hand lately...my dad knows everything that has happened in the past, but I need to tell him what's going on now. I worried him so much last time...I need advice on how to break the news

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am so fat i can't stand myself. i have never been this fat before. A while back i started eating ice cream every day. It was like an obsession. ...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.