Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Problem, please help?
briannalynn831 posted:
Over using.
I have a horrible habit. I have gone a long time without doing it. But when I get on these binges, I get depressed about actually feeling my stomach. I hate wanting to hide my body around my bf..even though he always tells me it's perfect. I don't see that. I see cellulite galore in my legs...I see a pudgy little tummy. I don't know what to do about this.

What do I do?
Working out never helps, although I still do it because I need to be healthy. I was once anorexic. Now, my muscle I used to have in my legs is allll cellulite.

I hate eating though. What do I do? I reeealllyy need help. I need to stop this behavior and finally be healthy. I worry my bf so much because I made it to where I was throwing up all night last night.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Briannnalynn and welcome to the community.

Have you talked with a therapist about your eat disorder?
Yoyo diets can cause your body to save all fats. Talking with your doctor about healthy eating can also help.

This community is very supportive so please feel free to discuss what you want.

Soft hugs,

Lainey

briannalynn831 replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you Lainey,

I have only spoken to my boyfriend about my problem. Granted, he just noticed things were different about my eating habits when he moved in with me...but I can't talk to my family, I don't trust them..and I never felt comfortable telling a stranger my problems.

I know it would be best for me to just get on a normal eating regimen...and combine that with my workouts so I dont pass out.

I even made myself eat a few apple slices for breakfast this morning :) I'm drinking plenty of water.

Stuck in a tough spot here /:

Now, I have a question...I've been doing this anorexia/bulimia switch off for years..and I keep getting chest pains. Could that be why? I saw my doctor about palpitations and chest pain not too long ago and my ekg was fine, only thing that showed up on my blood work was my anemia and low wbcs.

lilmissmac replied to briannalynn831's response:
chest pain could be from a number of things, but its definitely something you need to pay very close attention to. it could be anxiety, an esophogeal tear, reflux, or something really bad. purging is very hard on your heart, as is restricting. i dont know how long this has been going on with you, but i have suffered from both at times as well. even though you dont like to tell strangers your problems, if you start seeing a counselor on a regular basis the counselor wont be a stranger anymore. i can talk til im blue in the face and tell you things that you could do to help yourself out, but speaking from personal experience, you arent going to give it up until youre ready or until you hit rock bottom. i definitely want to encourage you to research all the health issues that anorexia and bulimia combined can cause. myself i am struggling with bulimia again and just went to the dr last week for chest pain. shes testing to see if i have an ulcer. so that might be something you look into also.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to lilmissmac's response:
Lilmissmac brings up some great points, :)

Consider talking with your doctor about the chest pain and ask for a full work up. If you let your doctor know that you have an eating disorder it might help him pinpoint better.

Talking with a counselor can also help but I understand that you feel uncomfortable. Your boyfriend might be a great person to begin opening up about the eating disorder.

Please feel free to vent or talk about anything. This is a nonjudgmental community.

briannalynn831 replied to Lainey_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you both for your responses. I appreciate the advice. It's just feeling like today I'm just thinking about food because I didn't eat last night, and I haven't eaten this morning. I don't have anything to eat at work. I'm afraid to start anything when I go home for lunch, because that usually starts a binge and purge session. I want to avoid making myself feel that guilt, but my only vice to that is NOT eating AT ALL.

I feel sickly good when I have that hungry feeling in me for a long time. /: I hate that it feels good to have that...

I've been trying to open up to him about it. Obviously he can tell I have the problem. He makes light of it sometimes, only to try and make me feel better. The whole situation depresses me. But he makes it easier to manage. He tries to get me to eat at least 1 meal a day.

Lainey_WebMD_Staff replied to briannalynn831's response:
Hi Briannalynn,

You are very welcome. Please feel free to post here anytime. I am glad you have someone to open up a little with. Let us know what you decide about the chest pain. I understand why your feeling some depression and I hope you find ways to help yourself so that food isn't such an issue in your life.

Soft hugs,

Lainey

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm the mother of one beautiful, 16 month old daughter. I'm married to the most amazing and very supportive man in the world. I'm 24 year...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.