Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
health/eating disorder question
An_200982 posted:
ive struggled with bulimia for several years and at one point was anorexic. anyway, i had a recovering period and now ive been struggling with bulimia again. its not an everyday thing and definitely not as bad as it used to be. my question is: ive had a little more bulimic activity over the past week and today my one of my calves (sp?) has felt like it was about to get a charlie horse in it all day. no pain with it, but i know charlie horses are often due to dehydration. i dont drink water on a regular basis, but i do drink quite a bit of diet soda.so, does it sound like dehydration and could it just be resolved with eating a banana at this point? im still going to the bathroom, so it doesnt quite seem like its dehydration to me. anyway, any suggestions will help ease my mind. thanks1

Lainey_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon_147731 and welcome to the community.

Please feel free to join our discussions or post anything you want.

There are many reason for leg cramps. Your local drug store will have over-the-counter medications for leg cramps. Eating a few bananas can help. WebMD has a great article about water that may also help entitled: The Wonders of Water.

Please let us know if you need more information.

Soft hugs,

Lainey

kathycornflakes responded:
not sure. Are you by chance on BCP's? I had terrible leg cramps from them. Sometimes waking up in the middle of the night from them

lilmissmac replied to kathycornflakes's response:
what are bcp's?

kathycornflakes replied to lilmissmac's response:
sorry- birth control pills

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mother of two, son and daughter. I have battled anorexic and cutting on and off since my 20's, now in my late 40's. I went through a pe...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.