Skip to content
hello new here...
angelanthonthys posted:
I have a 14 year old stepdaughter who has just come to live with me because her mom cant handle her anymore...she has bulimia and I dont really know alot of her "tricks" i know that right now i am constantly following her...into the bathroom and where ever she goes....she will be starting school (a new one) on Tuesday...I am afraid...I will not be able to follow her around all day everyday....not sure how to handle this situation...my husband...her dad is not available now to help...he calls home everyday but i need to know what to do for her on a daily basis...if any one has any suggestions please say something....I can use all the advice u have to offer...also she did well for 3 days the purged 1x 1 day....and then one good day and now today she purged....I am not yelling or screaming ...just trying to go with GOD on this and do the best I can any advice is helpful thank you

lostkate responded:
Welcome,

I dont feel following her around is going to help. She will probably get defensive on you. I would try telling her you here to support her and if she wants to talk your there for her. Tell her this is all new to you and you need help to understand it. Be honest with your feelings. She needs to trust you and for you to trust her, ED is a big secret, trust doesnt come easily with it.

This is just my opinion, Im dealing with being anorexic. Talk here more, there others who can help.
Good Luck
Kate

Spotlight: Member Stories

33 y.o. now, and was supposed to have ED behaviours kicked before I turned 29. I went to treatment immediately out of college and was in community wit...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.