Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
new here.
bod27 posted:
hi

i have been lurking for a while and post on other boards but it has taken me a long time to say hello here. I feel so alone.

I don't know if I even belong to this board because I have been told I don't have an eating disorder atm but 'disordered eating'. I have been diagnosed with depression and BPD but the whole food thing is beginning to come back into my life and I am getting scared.

Some days I can be really good and hardly eat anything (and be healthy with what I do eat) and other days I am out of control and eat all sorts of junk food, one piece after another and that makes me so upset I want to be destructive (I am trying very hard not to do this).

I used to take laxatives and diuretics every time I ate something and have recently bought some - first time in over 10 years. Haven't taken any yet though.

I hate the way I am - I am currently well overweight and need to get rid of it all. I can't bear how I look or the touch of my own skin.

It is freaking me out and I just needed some support.

thanks for listening.

lostkate responded:
Hi bod27
I think I have seen some of your posting on another board. Your not alone, Im anorexic, been struggling a lot too. I had problems when I was younger, then two years ago it all kick in again. I go through not eating, then cant stop eating. Right now I have gained 10 pounds, feel every pound. Not happy with my body at all. My weight gain has been total freaking me out. Do you see a therapist or counselor? Maybe a support group? Im not good at responding thats why Im usually quiet on the boards. I lurk too. I hope I helped a little. Your definitely are not alone.

Kate

LoverlyLaurie responded:
hi bod27 <3
i lurk too. i've seen you on the other board too and i want you to know that you're not alone. i know i've been gone a long time. i leave and come back on webmd alot.

what you wrote, well i could have written myself. there's days i have where i'm good and dont eat anything, and when i do, its nothing but healthy "safe" foods. and then there's days that i'm so depressed and i dont care at all and i binge eat anything and everything. and then i feel horrible. and i want to be even more destructive to my body. it's hard i know.

i'm really struggling too right now and needing support. i hope we can be there for each other. hugs.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us look at the stars. -Oscar Wilde www.youtube.com/user/ChaosInAGlassCage

Spotlight: Member Stories

19. artist. mass. bio/pre-med student, also going to school for cosmetology. anorexic with bulimic tendencies for 8 yrs. (deemed recovered in januar...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.