Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
In Crisis on the Weekend?
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
A message board such as this one is not 'live' in real time, so there may be delays in others reading or responding. This is especially true on the weekends. If you are in crisis and need help keeping yourself safe — whether on a weekend or during the week — please be sure to contact a crisis line , call 911, or your doctor or therapist. While you can find wonderful support here, it may not be immediate, nor can it always be the intervention you need.

To all of our members, our weekend coverage is not as regular as it is during the week. If you see a crisis post which needs our attention — either by adding a 'trigger' warning or needing crisis intervention — please don't hesitate to use the Report This option beneath the post, choose 'Other' from the menu and explain why you feel our attention is needed.

That report goes to our weekend moderator who will look in as soon as possible.

Thank you,

The WebMD Community Management

bigadult responded:
I was bulimic throughout high school and as a young adult. I am now 36 and having the same thoughts coming back after so long. I just went to a conference where a doctor referred to eating disorders as "curable" and is not similar to substance addition where one is not in recovery but "cured." I don't believe this label and do not believe I will ever be "cured." I think I am in recovery and can manage my addiction, but a cure seems absurd. What are others thoughts?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to bigadult's response:
Hi Bigadult,

What a good topic for discussion! I encourage you to start a new discussion on the board with this so others can easily find it and join in.

To do that, hold your cursor over the orange Post Now button and choose 'Discussion' from the drop down menu which appears. Fill in the subject line and body of the message (you can ignore the poll part if you want) and Submit.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a mother of two grown sons, have a great daughter-in-law, granddaughter and grandson. I have fibromyalgia and by the early/mid 90's tha...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.