Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Meal Plans-Who knew I liked fruit!
IceFishn posted:
Half ass trying to do meal plans but actually eating real food.... My compromise because Im just not ready to let go.....I haven't eaten fruit in 20 years easy. I wouldn't eat it because I couldn't calculate the exact amount. I don't put anything in my mouth without knowing exactly the amount of calories..... I got a big bowl of fruit with cheesecake yogurt on top. It tasted so good until about ten minutes later when I started freaking out about eating it.... I resisted purging.......My therapist joked "I don't care if all you eat is fruit. As long as your eating real food and actually eating every day in healthy amounts"...........Slow process to heal.....

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm glad you were able to resist the temptation to purge, IceFishn.

It's such a long road and you're on it and working it. (((hugs)))

I hope others here will share their own struggles with adding back foods.

dailyalice responded:
I have the opposite issue, because on fruit there's no calorie count staring at me so I can pretend it doesn't matter/count. Of course, as soon as I inadvertently learn how many calories a fruit contains, I can't eat it any more. Please nobody tell me what's in strawberries or grapefruit because I'm enjoying them right now.

Spotlight: Member Stories

hi my name is kiki i am 42 years old and have anorexia im 5 foot 8 and im 92 pounds and really sick..a home health nurse comes once a week to help me ...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.