Skip to content
Possible Eating Disorder?
LovelyChelle8 posted:
Hi, I am new and a 21 year old female, 5' 7 and half, and I weigh 118. I have always been the "skinny" girl my entire life but now all of a sudden I feel like I am just overweight and gross. I have slowly started to not eat like I use to and I also workout but I'm starting to worry I may be becoming anorexic, but in a way I don't want to stop because I hate what I see in the mirror. I just don't know what to do or who to talk to about this since I have never experienced this before, I think I have been slightly depressed the past few months so I'm not sure if that could be it or something more? Any help would be appreciated.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi LovelyChelle and welcome here,

I think you already know the answer.

Since you mention depression as well and considering everything else, I really encourage you to seek therapy for yourself to start with at the very least.

Understand that what you are seeing and feeling is all part of the illness and that this can be changed. Good for you for realizing this now. I hope posting here is just the first step in getting the help you need and deserve.

And keep talking and reading here if it helps.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, my name is Brittany. I was raised in an emotionally, verbally, and physically abusive household. I just moved out of that household a year ago (I&...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.