Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I don't know what to do...
crazygirl0715 posted:
I am 41, a mother of 3 beautiful daughters and 3 wonderful granddaughters and the wife of a wonderful husband who loves me no matter what. I am obese, and have been since 1989. My weight got worse with each year and depression set in. Once I got over that hurdle and started working, I lost 45 pounds, reached a plateau over a year ago and was maintaining my weight just fine. Now I am binge eating. I have a commute of an hour one way two hours total daily. On the car ride home I have no self control and can eat whether hungry or not and this continues until I go to sleep. I have tried to stop, but I can't. If I leave my money at home, I come home and eat non-stop. I have no self control and it truly scares me. It makes me feel like a failure at everything I try to do.
Is there anyone else out there like me or am I the only one? Can anyone help me?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I definitely don't think you're the only one, Crazygirl. Welcome here to WebMD.

Have you considered some one-on-one therapy to help you sort out what's behind all this?

I'm no expert but I do doubt that this is about self-control but something much deeper that needs exploring and processing.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. ~Christopher Robin to Pooh

crazygirl0715 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I am working on trying to figure it out. The day I wrote this, I managed to not stop and did not over eat that evening, but last night it was another disaster, and now today I am soooo tired. I woke up and was still so full that the mere thought of eating made me sick to my stomach.
I did see my doctor on Tuessday, he believes it is training myself to do something else instead of what I normally do. Last night I had to stop for gas, so I can change that up and get gas during my lunch hour or in the morning or wait til I get home and ask my husband to do it. He wants me eating healthy and not to even consider it a diet. I will write everything down, feelings, moods, thoughts, and concerns and if things continue on this path, I will most likely seek other help. I just don't really know what is truly bothering me.

momuv4girls replied to crazygirl0715's response:
Hi,

I think it is super important, if not mandatory to seek help, guidance and support when dealing with "food issues".

This organization is fantastic, and I highly suggest you looking into local support for yourself. http://www.oa.org/

I take 2 of my daughters to see a nutritional therapist, and this maybe something you should look into also. A dietitian is not as qualified to treat this type of eating behavior, it would be best to just go the route of a Nutritionist.

Take care, and the best of luck to you!
-Kathleen

crazygirl0715 replied to momuv4girls's response:
Thank you. I will go and seek out help and guidance.

Spotlight: Member Stories

http://willowtreesanonymousconfessions.blogspot.com

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.