Skip to content
Do I have an eating disorder?
naturschonheit posted:
Hi, my name is Magi. I'm 19 years old, and currently having issues with food. I was prescribed Prozac for 2 years, due to having a panic disorder and depression (I was diagnosed with PMDD, also), as well as a minor obsessive compulsive disorder. I haven't taken Prozac since 2009, but now I find myself struggling to eat. There's good food in my house, at restaurants, in the store, everywhere I go. But it's like, when I try and bring myself to eat it, I get extremely nauseated. I know my stomach has shrunk due to lack of eating, I'm 5'4 and weigh only 103lbs, while the average weight for someone my size is usually around 130-140lbs. I read online that Prozac is also used to treat bulimia and anorexia (anorexia if taken at night). I noticed Prozac had some reverse effects on my OCD during, but afterwards, I feel it has gotten worse, as well as my frequent panicking and near mental-breakdowns. I don't know, I may be being a hypochondriac, but I have no health insurance, and really need some guidance. And no, I don't see anything wrong with the way I look, I'm obviously not overweight, and I find myself to be very beautiful. I just can't eat. Thanks for any insight, I really appreciate it. Also, could this be some sort of gastric problem (hence the nausea)? Lastly, I feel that I should add that I do smoke marijuana. I usually have no problems eating after doing so. I don't know if that's inappropriate to say on here, but I feel it's necessary in order for someone to understand my whole problem. Once again, thank you so much!

icedance1 responded:
Hi new here too. i have been struggling from anorexia for 8 years You could be devoloping an eating disorder or you could just be not eating because your meds can make you not hungry i suffer from seizures as well. My meds make me naushious and feel not well. Sound like you have self esteme problems . You may want to see a dr. Email me if you ever want to talk Laurensuran@yahoo.com

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi i am a 34 year old mother and 3 very sweet girls who right now are in foster care because of my eating disorder. I am fighting very hard to get the...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.