Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    suffer. from anorexia
    An_200989 posted:
    Hi everyone. have been suffering from anorexia for 8 years ever since my mom died. just tend to ingore the fact that I have this and live my normal life. I own a business so am busy working all day. I'm good at hiding it so people think skinny and a competitive dancer and formal international elite figure skater.

    Its gotten to a point where family members talking to me until progress is made. my doctor says in good health. what should do?
    Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi and welcome to WebMD,

    You know you need help and it sounds like your doctor isn't really hearing you. Talk to him/her more seriously about what is going on with you and please consider therapy for yourself. It sounds like there are some issues which need to be worked on to help you.

    And keep talking here if it helps. It can be quiet here, but others do look in and you may find solace in knowing you're not alone and that there are others here along with you struggling with some of the same issues.
    You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. ~Christopher Robin to Pooh
    lostkate responded:

    I am anorexia, have been for several years now. You are definitely not alone. There are many of us here, we may not respond right away but dont be discouraged. As Caprice has said tell your doctor how serious you feel things are, maybe consider therapy. Keep talking here, we understand and want to help.


    Spotlight: Member Stories

    hi my name is kiki i am 42 years old and have anorexia im 5 foot 8 and im 92 pounds and really sick..a home health nurse comes once a week to help me ...More

    Helpful Tips

    How to load photos on WebMD
    WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
    Was this Helpful?
    8 of 14 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.