Skip to content
suffer. from anorexia
An_200989 posted:
Hi everyone. have been suffering from anorexia for 8 years ever since my mom died. just tend to ingore the fact that I have this and live my normal life. I own a business so am busy working all day. I'm good at hiding it so people think skinny and a competitive dancer and formal international elite figure skater.

Its gotten to a point where family members talking to me until progress is made. my doctor says in good health. what should do?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome to WebMD,

You know you need help and it sounds like your doctor isn't really hearing you. Talk to him/her more seriously about what is going on with you and please consider therapy for yourself. It sounds like there are some issues which need to be worked on to help you.

And keep talking here if it helps. It can be quiet here, but others do look in and you may find solace in knowing you're not alone and that there are others here along with you struggling with some of the same issues.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. ~Christopher Robin to Pooh

lostkate responded:
Hi
Welcome,

I am anorexia, have been for several years now. You are definitely not alone. There are many of us here, we may not respond right away but dont be discouraged. As Caprice has said tell your doctor how serious you feel things are, maybe consider therapy. Keep talking here, we understand and want to help.

Kate

Spotlight: Member Stories

Over-Intelligence, or as Society Calls It, "Mental Illness." I worry I may be ahead of my time--this is at the heart of soul of a crippli...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.