Skip to content
over doing myself?? and want to maintain
hope1289 posted:
i am a 21 year old female. college student. and i believe i am suffering from this.. i am lucky if i hit 600 calories a day.. minus the fact im in the gym 5-6 days a week and do 45min of cardio or 1 hour runs .and ...60-80 min of interval and strength training all in the same day which completely leave me negative in my calories and i am a full time student with a job working 25-30hrs a week and im always on the go.. i weigh 103-104.. im scared to eat sometimes in fear of gaining weight that i have lost..
my story? i was skinny my entire life.. at 5'3" 120lbs i had muscle and played sports like soccer and softball for my high school and outside of schoool..6 days a week. after high school i did NOTHING and my diet erratically changed from balanced what mommy cooked and the occasional fast food (once a week) to UNHEALTHY!! and i ate fast food 3 times a day EVERYDAY no joke.. ice cream 3 times a week.. soda soda soda.. large quantites of everything! AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF.. i sat on my butt and had no type of exercise what so ever.. the most walking i did was to my car from the door..i also started to party and drink a little too.. and i was doing bad in college which was making me more stressed and i was in a terrible relationship with someone over weight and ate as bad as me.. (hence the fact where i picked up the habit).. i did this for 2 1/2 years when i decided i didnt feel like me. and my old size 5 jeans didnt go bast my knees! i weighed in from 120 to 158 in 2 1/2 years... thats 38lbs!!! thats about a solid 2lbs of fat a month.. and it sat in my belly and thighs.. in 5 months of serious dedication to the gym and eating super healthy with the help of my current boyfriend.. i was back down to 122 for my birthday july -> december. now from december to now end of july 2011.. i am terrified of going back.. obesity does not run in my family and the doctor said im overdoing everything!!! i was never obese at 158.. just a little thicker because i had no form of diet and no exercise in my daily life. my question is.. is it possible to keep my body image and weight within 3-5lbs year round (or even keep it the same) if i just keep eating a clean healthy balanced diet with 1 cheat meal a week and 4-5 days at the gym? i want to be focused more on my school than eery calorie i intake.. especially since im in the nursing program. i dont want to let this control my life.. i just want to maintain my body now and maybe tone up even more (yes i know muscle weighs more than fat) but i love all my new clothing and i dont want to "grow out" of everything..

hope1289 responded:
please someone help me...

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Hope (and anyone else waiting for responses),

This community can be on the quiet side but eventually others do look in. It didn't help that we've had some pretty significant technical issues making it difficult to be here and, now, we're heading into a weekend.

We're glad you found us and the members here can be wonderful so keep checking back in for their responses. :-)
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. ~Christopher Robin to Pooh

hope1289 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
i just want an answer or someone to shed some light of hope... =/

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to hope1289's response:
You're not being ignored... it's just a quieter community here sometimes.

Have you considered therapy for yourself?
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. ~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've suffered from EDNOS, Anorexia, and Bulimia for about 7 years. The cause is a longing for control and comfort because of many situations that ...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.