Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
feeling hopeless(a cry out for help)
2010loser posted:
well i'll start out by saying hello, i am 40 years old, mother of two and i am dealing with anorexia and have been for many years now due to the eating disorder i have developed a heart condition, multiple cerebal aneurysms for witch i have already went through a brain surgery and there are much more issues, however dealing with the eating disorder is an huge issue on it's own and the thinking of food is so overwhelming i have become so extremely afraid of the thought of eating that it alone makes me sick, and now i have another dilemma i must face and that is breast cancer, i don't know if i should be angry or cry, honestly, i don't know what emotions i should be feeling i think i am in shock i just don;t know, and to top that off i am being told that i must increase my calorie intake and not only that many of the drugs cause weight gain i don't no what to do i sit back and i just want to die is life really worth fighting for? if anyone has any words of wisdom it would be so much appreciated,

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear one,

You are a mother of two. For them and for your own sake, yes, life is worth fighting for.

Please get yourself into therapy.... this is necessary now and can't be delayed any longer, not when you're facing these other health concerns.

Please talk with your doctor about personal one-on-one therapy, preferably with someone who understands eating disorders.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. ~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 29 F. I have been hoarding and binging since age 6. I remember the day my mother told me I was not allowed to eat certain foods, while the rest o...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.