Skip to content
I need some advice....
xbrytneyx posted:
i'm new here. i was diagnosed with anorexia nervosa with bulimic tendencies at 17 after being hospitalized for passing out in school at my lw of 80 pounds. i was deemed recovered in january, where i ballooned up to 170, but i am now relapsing. in the past month alone i've lost 18 pounds.

i know i need to get help before i completely lose control, but i currently have no health insurance to go to therapy and have no family or friends that i could talk to about this.

any suggestions as to what i can do under these circumstances?
momuv4girls responded:
Does the school you attend offer any services?

What about local services thru the City you live in?
Here are some other ideas...........
  • Local medical society, local psychiatric society
  • Local mental health association
  • County mental health department
  • Local hospitals or medical centers with psychiatric services
  • Department of Psychiatry in nearby medical school
  • National Advocacy Organizations (National Alliance for the Mentally Ill, Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health, National Mental Health Association)
  • National professional organizations (American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, American Psychiatric Association)
Keep searching, hopefully one of these will help - glad you reached out and realize you need help.
Take care sweetie!
Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to momuv4girls's response:
This is a great list, thank you Kathleen. :-)
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. ~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello. My story is pretty simple. I was a gymnast my entire life up until 5 years ago. Since I quit gymnastics I have begun to gain weight and started...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 14 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.