Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
laxatives
cchpcat8 posted:
take 25 laxatives a day.i need to get off them,could anyone tell me what has helped them.thank you

Chris_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi again CC,

Please talk to your doctor about this. He/she knows your health history and can best help you get off these. You defiantly need assistance to come off this many.
Please check in and let us know how you are doing!

cchpcat8 replied to Chris_WebMD_Staff's response:
havent talked to him yet,i am so ashamed of myself for doing this to myself,i go back in a couple of weeks .i will tell him then.thank you for getting back with me.i feel so alone right now.my eating disorder has taken compleat control.i need to be in ip but i dont have any insurance,so i am trying to do this on my own.its not working.i have edema in my stomach and my ankles and legs.my dr. says it is because my protein level is very low and it will go away when i start eating more protein.have you ever heard of this. thanks again.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to cchpcat8's response:
I'm not Chris but yes, I've heard of that.

I hope you do talk with your doctor soon. The more support you get, the better you'll be able to work towards getting healthy, dear one.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. ~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im a seventeen year old feshmen in college. Im a psych major, and i want to study EDs more than anything. Maybe oneday we'll have a legitamate tre...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.