Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

how to talk
    An_239402 posted:
    I go back and forth from bulimia and anorexia. I have struggled with this for 4 years. I'll be fine for a few months, but one day I will end up looking in the mirror, and the battle starts all over. I know I need help, I'm scared of what is going to happen. I don't want to keep hurting myself. I want to tell my parents and get help, I'm just not really sure how to tell them. I really do not want them to be disappointed in me. So I guess my question is, how should I talk to my parents about this?

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Hi and welcome to WebMD,

This board can be a bit quiet but keep checking back in for feedback from others when they get a chance to look in and respond.

It might help others when they respond if you shared how old you are and whether you're still living at home with your parents.

Good for you for being aware that it's time to get help for this.
    You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    ~Christopher Robin to Pooh

lostkate responded:
    Hi, Welcome
    Like Caprice said this board has been very quiet. People do hear you and understand. I was in my twenties when my therapist actually told my parents. They had a hard time dealing with it but thats just my parents. They were always in denial with a lot of things with our family. Going to therapy may help you figure out a way to tell them. You have taken the first step, knowing its time to get help. You should be proud of yourself.
    Kate

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a mother of two, son and daughter. I have battled anorexic and cutting on and off since my 20's, now in my late 40's. I went through a pe...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
    Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    11 of 22 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.