Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
It can't still be Anorexia
An_240894 posted:
I have an Eating Disorder, I'm aware of that. Years ago, it was Anorexia; A lot has happened in that time, I have gained and lost a lot of weight over the years. I'm still afraid of the scale, since I stopped using it hourly, it has been something I'm reluctant to get near. I know I'm low, it has become difficult to eat enough while trying to, and I use Ensure and Powerbars like a crutch, which gets mo nowhere far. I fall back into this again and again and again, and each and every time denial stops me from dealing with it until something happens I can't ignore like passing out or going blind for a few seconds when I stand up too quickly. I look at my self in the mirror and think I'm dwindling away, and gotten 40+lbs under attractive. I want to gain weight, I want to eat more, it's just hard, and falls by the wayside. It can't still be anorexia. It's just as scary, the resources appear unavailable, and I don't know what to do.

lostkate responded:
It could be, thats what happened to me. I was Aneroxia in my twenties, I am now in my 40's, started to diet, well, things got out of hand. There were also other issues going on which didnt help. Have you seen a doctor to rule out maybe something else? Whats going on in life that might have triggered it? I see Anorexia, similar too Alcoholic, an Alcoholic needs to stay away from places that serve alcohol, Anorexia needs to stay away from scales. That is just my opinion.

That may not have helped but Im hear to listen if you want to write more. This is a good place, it may be slow at time for a reply but it has helped me a lot.

Kate

Spotlight: Member Stories

Momma of 6 children, 3 beautiful girls ages, 20, 26, and 27 and 3 handsome boys ages, 21, 16, and 14. My 26 and 27 year old have finished college. My ...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.