Skip to content
my body
shadowrose7 posted:
I am unhappy with the way I look. I am so embarresed about how my body looks some of my friends went to the beach and I didn't go because I was embarressed about how I would look. I am not anorexic or bulimic, which is really hard with all the magazines of the skinny girls today. When I am upset. There are times when I eat even if I am not hungry any more. I try not to do that, I just get so stressed at times or getting into an arguement with some one that I am eating with. Instead of argueing I just stuff my mouth, so I can't say anything.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Shadowrose,

Emotional eating is not uncommon and the same holds true regarding feeling embarrassed by our bodies.

Do you have anyone to talk to about how you're feeling, whether food is involved or otherwise?

Click on the following link for some information that may be helpful:

Emotional eating
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a mother of two grown sons, have a great daughter-in-law, granddaughter and grandson. I have fibromyalgia and by the early/mid 90's tha...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.