Skip to content
14 and scared.
Carora10 posted:
Hi,

So I ummmm recently went back to an Eating Disorder after being sober for about 4 years. I haven't told anyone, and because of the medicine I am on my parents think it is normal for me to not eat as much as I did before. My medicine has a side effect of curbing your appetite. I really don't know what to do. I have lost seven pounds. I was 114 lbs and now I am 107 as far as I know. I try to eat but then I feel guilty and don't eat for the next day. I mean all I have had today is popcorn, two marshmellows, and four squares of starburst. I drink lots of water, though. I usually just eat dinner or bits of dinner. I am only 14 and I went to rehab for self harm and suicide attempts. I do not know what to do. I really need support.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Carora and welcome to WebMD,

It sounds like it's time to talk with a few people before the situation worsens even further. Do you have any support from the rehab you went to? Is there anyone you can call to help you figure this out? Are you in ongoing therapy to work on the issues that brought you to self harm and suicide attempts in the first place, and to an eating disorder?

Please talk with your doctor about what's happening for you. And let your parents help you. That's what they're there for.

((((hugs)))) Please take steps to help yourself.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Carora10 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
My parents have never really been there for me I basically raised myself. I am in therapy but nothing really seems to be working out. I talk to my friends from rehab and they are all very supportive but none of them live in the same state as me.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Carora10's response:
Ah, I understand that. I had to manage it on my own at your age too.

Keep working in therapy and be sure you're telling her/him what you're telling us here, including that you're feeling therapy isn't helping you. The two of you can perhaps work on a plan on how to move forward from here.

I'm sorry you're in such a difficult situation. Keep talking to your friends from rehab but also look in your community for any teen support groups and teen help lines.

And keep talking here if it helps at all. This community can be on the quiet side but everyone who posts here understands.

Do you journal at all?
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Ran_Mao responded:
[TRIGGER] Hi,
I'm also around your age, and I've been struggling with an ED for almost 4 years. I've been getting some help, but it isn't working either. It's like a part of me wants so badly to recover, but another part just wants to fade away to bones. I weigh 81 pounds, and I'm scared because everyone always asks me if I'm sick, because I look too thin and am always a pale colour. I go to a private boarding school for "geniuses," and the teachers and other students are extremely kind and supportive (most of them, anyway) but I'm always so tired and stressed. There's always the constant pressure to live up to the "genius" status, and there's always so much studying to do! I love having the opportunity to attend the school, but sometimes I just hate myself for going there, because I want so badly to be "normal" and enjoy a normal teen life. I'm sooo homesick it's literally killing me, but I always put on a strong face for my family when I skype them, because I want to make them proud. They're worried though, because they know about my history with an ED, and know I'm relapsing, but they don't know how bad it's getting. I smile and laugh throughout the day, but at night, I feel so depressed and have to go to the lavatory so the other girls in my dorm won't hear me cry. Love, I'll never know just how much pain you're in, but know that I'm also suffering, and will always be willing to talk, but more importantly, listen.
If you ever have a worry, just leave a discussion with my name.
Love, Hugs, and a whole lot of Hope,
Ran-Mao

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 41, a mother of 3 beautiful daughters and 3 wonderful granddaughters and the wife of a wonderful husband who loves me no matter what. I am obese,...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.