Skip to content
LoverlyLaurie posted:
hello everyone. i've been on the boards before (ED and SH) but not in a pretty long time.

i'm struggling atm and i dont know what to do.
my situation with school and family and my depression has me in a really bad/scary place right now. im not eating much and lets just say using bad coping skills like drinking, ect.

atm i'm trying my hardest not to harm myself. i guess i'm just looking for support. thanks for reading <3
We are all in the gutter, but some of us look at the stars. -Oscar Wilde
Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Laurie,

I've often wondered how you were doing and I'm sorry for your need to be here again. (((softhugs)))

Do you have anyone to talk to in order to help you deal with all that's occurring with school and family? Have you discussed this with your doctor so you can get some help for your depression?

Please, Laurie, consider entering into therapy if you're not already. You need and deserve some real help.

Either way, you are always welcome here and I hope that talking here helps to ease the pressure.

It's also clear that you're very aware of what you're doing, how you're spiraling. And I'm not surprised as you are a smart young woman. Coming here was a good first step. But perhaps also start taking little steps to make different choices. The drinking is adding to the depression. The not eating is also messing with your thinking. Little by little, use that awareness to make some changes for yourself.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello. My story is pretty simple. I was a gymnast my entire life up until 5 years ago. Since I quit gymnastics I have begun to gain weight and started...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.