Skip to content
I'm curious.. (HELP)
An_242045 posted:
can someone achieve weight loss successfully by surviving only on maybe a 500-1000 calorie diet by eating veggies and fruits and taking multi vitamins, pro biotics, etc etc.?

just out of curiosity..

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome to WebMD,

You're posting on an Eating Disorders board so I'm wondering if there's more going on here than trying to achieve a healthy and needed weight loss....?

Either way, though, no, such a low calorie diet is not sustainable nor is it necessary to lose weight and keep it off. Consider discussing with your doctor and seeing a dietitian to find a workable plan for yourself.

And if a healthy weight loss is your goal and you are currently overweight, I encourage you to post on one or more of our Eating & Diet Communities .
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am so fat i can't stand myself. i have never been this fat before. A while back i started eating ice cream every day. It was like an obsession. ...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.