Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hair Loss!!!! D:
Ran_Mao posted:
AGHHH!!!!!
My hair has been falling out in clumps! It hasn't gotten to the point where it is all gone, but after I comb my hair, thick clumps fall out! I used to have such thick, shiny hair, but now.....
Even though I've been slowly increasing my calorie intake, I guess it's too late. Is there anything I can do to help prevent myself from losing all my hair?!?!?!
I was REALLY getting so much better emotionally, but now I feel so depressed and angry at myself!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
It can take a while for our hair to recover from any period of stress, health issues or nutrition problems.

Are you in therapy at all to help you continue to take care of your emotional needs. Don't give up on this now. It took a while to get to this point and it will take time to move beyond it. (((hugs)))

(I've had a few times in my life where my hair really suffered as you describe and it did end up returning to health again after a few months of health.)
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

shadowrose7 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I think the same has happened to me. I started taking medication to help me cope with my problems but I think my hair was also affected due to stress.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i I'm 24 from Brooklyn New York I would like to start by saying that I always been an nice guys used to be very shy around people and timid when I...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.