Skip to content
How do I want to get help
An_243218 posted:
[TRIGGER] I have lost fifty pounds from either not eating or purging. I have told my former counselor, but honestly frustrate her.. I have gotten to the point I don't know if I want to stop loosing weight. I have finally gotten to my idea weight. It is harder this week because I accidentally left the antidepressant medicaiton I take at home. I feel stupid because I have my BA in counseling and psychology. it seems like everyone is so happy I have lost so much weight and look so good. Frustrated beyond belief. I honestly have no idea where to turn for help. Where do I go from here. There is no one in my family that I could go to about this.
Anon_3114 responded:
If your therapist isn't helping, find a new one. That is your employee, and she is not doing her job.

Getting back on your medication will help you out. See if your doctor will fax your RX to a pharmacy closer to you, replace it if need be.

I'm sorry you don't feel your family would be supportive. Maybe they just don't know what to say to help. Unfortunately, it might take your making the first move towards help for them to really get comfortable offering support. I know that's hard, though, and if you think it would set you back only you can make that decision. But don't count 'em out just because they haven't been helpful so far.

In my unprofessional opinion, the best thing to do from here on out is to move on in a healthy way. Take little steps towards better health, don't put too much pressure, but make small goals for yourself. Getting in a good meal or two during the day. Not purging for a day. ED is like everything else in life, taking it a day at a time is going to be how you beat it. Be gentle to yourself, and maybe see if you can find a support group locally.

Best of luck.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My eating disorder started as far back as I can remember, even as a 5 year old child, I was obsessed with desserts and snack foods, food hoarding, and...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.