Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
high liver functions
firefly1297 posted:
hello,
I have EDNOS. yesterday I went to my doctor and she told me that I am slightly enemic, but that the more concerning issue was that my liver functions are 3x higher than they should be, and she didn't know why. Could my eating disorder have caused this?

shire_elf responded:
Yes, the anemia for sure(the deficient anemias if you are not eating enough iron, B12 or folic acid) and possibly the liver function test. There are several different levels that liver function tests can tell us, I would have to the which ones were affected to give the reasoning behind it other wise it would be speculation.

firefly1297 replied to shire_elf's response:
well I'm getting more tests done, but the ones I know so far are AST(SGOT) is at 85 and ALT(SGPT) is at 103. If that helps.

Spotlight: Member Stories

19. artist. mass. bio/pre-med student, also going to school for cosmetology. anorexic with bulimic tendencies for 8 yrs. (deemed recovered in januar...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 22 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.