Skip to content
Low Appetite even though Hungry
lizzyerd85 posted:
Hi. I'm not quite sure about this, but it's concerning me, and I would like thoughts (opinions?) on if this really should concern me overly much.

Within the last week I've been eating a strangely low amount of food, for me. I'm not cutting sweets, nor am I cutting anything else. -some of the only things I've eaten in a whole day would be a tube of mini m&ms, one peanut butter cookie, one fig newton twin pack, etc)
If this helps I can list pretty much exactly what I've eaten starting from last Sunday. The most I have eaten so far was today (had I not gone to eat I probably wouldn't have eaten any more than half - not even half - of a left over sandwich for lunch at my work) and that was a bowl of soup almost a whole restaurant serving of fries and half of a quarter of a club sandwich -why does that sound like an incredible amount of food to me right now?-

I do get hungry, but like last night (I work third shift) even though I get something to eat and prepare it, I just don't feel like I want it.

I'm roughly 5'5" and 125 lbs -I don't own a scale so I'm not exactly sure on this point.

I couldn't say for sure if I am depressed or anything... I *feel* fairly fine, but an anniversary of a very close family friend's is coming up, so that may coincide with this all. But, like I said, I'm slightly concerned.

Thank you to any one who answers.

Spotlight: Member Stories

hi my name is kiki i am 42 years old and have anorexia im 5 foot 8 and im 92 pounds and really sick..a home health nurse comes once a week to help me ...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.