Skip to content
Confused.
JessicaAlicia posted:
Hi, I'm Jessi. I'm almost 18 and have been battling major depression and anxiety for 5 years. Last summer i went on a binge of sorts. I drank and smoked weed heavily and I ended up only eating when I was high. Loads and loads of food. And when I was sober, I would never be hungry. After the summer I went back to school, but i never had an appetite unless I was high or drunk. So I decided to quit everything and see if that helped. But ever since then I hardly can get food down. the only time I can really eat is when my stomach is in too much pain. I just don't want to eat anymore. I think I could lose some fat but I'm already 150 at 5'9. I want to know if this will fix itself or if this is a type of eating disorder.

Michelle3Kristin responded:
Jessi,

I would go see a doctor if you are concerned about having an eating disorder. It is better to be safe than sorry. It sounds like you might have some problems with food but I am no doctor. Regardless of if you have an eating disorder or not the issue still needs to be addressed along with your drug use, drinking, depression and anxiety.

Hope this helps,

Michelle

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm not suffering from an eating disorder, but I have binged and purged in my lifetime (about 8 years ago)...it was just a few months of my life, ...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.