Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

having my period back
    madixxx posted:

Hello ,

Please help me with some advices because I am really really worried and dont know what to do .

I have been in recovery from bulimia since beginning of 2011 - eating a healthy meal plan from my dietician and going to gym 3 times a week - but since august my period stopped as I maybe started to loose the weight I gained from last years'binges ... and now , this year is really awesome , I love my body thinner and I eat without guilt and so on ... but I am soo afraid of following the treatment to restore my period back because I am afraid of weight gain if I will have menstruation again ... that maybe estrogen will make my appetite increase and I will have fat stored instead of musles ...

Please help me out here .

lostkate responded:
    Hi
    If your eating well and exercising(not excessive), then maybe your period didnt stop because of weight loss, have you seen a doctor, just to make sure there is nothing else that may cause your period to stop. I dont anything about estrogen causing an appetite increase but Im no expert either.

Kate

Bunnychic responded:
    Period are HEALTHY you don't have to be fat or even underweight to have your period, it's the same as having eyes and a nose. It's a necessity to have children. I'm underweight and I stil, have my period. So it doesn't necessarily mean you'll gain weight but gain nutrition.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm not suffering from an eating disorder, but I have binged and purged in my lifetime (about 8 years ago)...it was just a few months of my life, ...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
    Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    11 of 21 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.