Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
having my period back
madixxx posted:

Hello ,

Please help me with some advices because I am really really worried and dont know what to do .

I have been in recovery from bulimia since beginning of 2011 - eating a healthy meal plan from my dietician and going to gym 3 times a week - but since august my period stopped as I maybe started to loose the weight I gained from last years'binges ... and now , this year is really awesome , I love my body thinner and I eat without guilt and so on ... but I am soo afraid of following the treatment to restore my period back because I am afraid of weight gain if I will have menstruation again ... that maybe estrogen will make my appetite increase and I will have fat stored instead of musles ...

Please help me out here .

lostkate responded:
Hi
If your eating well and exercising(not excessive), then maybe your period didnt stop because of weight loss, have you seen a doctor, just to make sure there is nothing else that may cause your period to stop. I dont anything about estrogen causing an appetite increase but Im no expert either.

Kate

Bunnychic responded:
Period are HEALTHY you don't have to be fat or even underweight to have your period, it's the same as having eyes and a nose. It's a necessity to have children. I'm underweight and I stil, have my period. So it doesn't necessarily mean you'll gain weight but gain nutrition.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i hate my life! I"LL ALWAYS HATE MY LIFE!!!!

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
7 of 13 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.