Skip to content
Admitting I Have A Problem
An_245673 posted:
I know I am bulimic, I eat and purge. My family and boyfriend think I have healthy self-esteem but they do not know I am horrified of being fat or overweight or considered unhealthy. I exercise a lot because I also do Dance and go to the gym which makes me feel good. The times I can't go to the gym I get disgruntled, upset, and irritable. It is like I have a voice in my head that says "no one remembers the fat girl, who hires the fat girl, you cannot be Fat Sara the world does not like that. I want to be healthy but do not want to reveal to my parents because they are overbearing and would microscope me to no end and I would never be let out. How do I start to be normal?

lostkate responded:
Well, you have already started by writing here and reaching out. Eating disorders messes with your head all the time. I am anorexic but the body image in my mind is same thing. Is there someone you can talk too about this beside your parents?

Kate

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi i am a 34 year old mother and 3 very sweet girls who right now are in foster care because of my eating disorder. I am fighting very hard to get the...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
11 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.